Posts Tagged ‘Harsh’
Prepare for winter! The cold weather is upon us and there are many things you need to do to prepare your home from becoming the victim of an unfortunate insurance claim.
- Service your heater. Puff backs are very common during the winter months and are more contaminating than you think. The oil residue seeps into the pores of plastic, wood, drywall and other surfaces. The longer the residue sits the harder it is to clean (or save) the surface and rid of the contamination.
- Turn off your outside hoses/water spigots. These can freeze then break and the water may cause leakage into the ground/walls of your home and lead to mold formation.
- Make sure your main water source is turned off if you go on vacation, even if you leave for a day or two. Without continuous use, water pipes can freeze, burst and create major damage to your home.
- Clean your gutters. Water can build up and creep into the walls of your home.
- Candles are a major cause of fires. Keep candles away from walls, curtains, papers and other flammable materials.
- Check your smoke detectors.
MDL Restoration, Inc. is dedicated to giving you a quick response and professional customer service should you experience a traumatic situation. Our technicians will assess your loss, explain in full detail how they will remediate it and walk with you through the entire process.